Super-early-pre-alpha V 0.1.5
Hey again everyone! Wow, it's been a stretch since 0.1.4. I promise a lot of love (and code) went into this update. I haven't pushed the new story content, but that should make it into the next build. This version sees a lot of graphical updates and changes, and a ton of bug fixes. I also introduced a super-brief-but-functional cutscene to show off the models for the Knights, the most respected soldiers in the King's Army. I hope you enjoy what Knight has become so far, it's only the beginning.
Here's the major changes in 0.1.5:
- Overhauled player movement and combat animations. You run a bit faster now, too
- The town of Brightwick has gotten an overhaul, and is preparing to open a marketplace in the next update
- Combat has gotten some attention, but will see further refinement in the next update as well
- Overhauled UI throughout
- Updated Goblin and Skeleton models drastically
- Fixed some enemies spawning under the map
- NPCs should stop walking past you while you're talking to them
- Fixed some very odd animations in enemies
- Added a basic day/night cycle
- Fixed some sounds/music not playing
- Sound settings now persist as intended
- Reworked gamepad in menus, fixing more reported issues
- Fixed being able to fall through the map
- Added health regen when not in combat
Known issues in 0.1.5:
- If you're interrupted while using a skill/spell, the spell will fail but you'll still pay the mana cost
- Enemy health bars may behave oddly at some camera angles
- It's possible to level up at the moment of death, strangely healing you and killing you at once.
I'm really looking forward to hearing what you think of this latest build. I appreciate all downloads/shares/feedback!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.